If you were to ask patients the primary reasons they would object to having their teeth straightened, their answers would likely be:
- The appearance of metal bands and brackets to wear for an extended period of time and the social stigma of having to wear braces.
- The hassle of dealing with braces that interferes with what you eat and how you care for your teeth.
- Too time consuming and cost prohibitive.
Thankfully Invisalign and the orthodontists that offer this means to a beautiful smile with straight teeth can provide answers that can resolve these objections.
Invisalign is a series of clear, soft plastic aligners that are designed to gently shift teeth to their correct position without the need for bands and brackets. The advantages of Invisalign are numerous including:
- The aligners are transparent making the teeth straightening process virtually undetectable.
- The aligners are removable. This means you can take them out for meals and snacks which allow you to continue to eat all the foods you love. With traditional braces, their permanence limits many foods like healthy fruits and crunchy vegetables that can do damage to wires.
- Speaking of wires, there are none with Invisalign.
- Since the aligners are removable, dental hygiene is much easier to maintain throughout treatment. The patient can brush and floss daily reaching all areas of teeth and gums to maintain better oral health. In addition, the patient can keep dentition healthy with bi-annual hygiene visits to keep plaque build-up under control.
Now that we have addressed the comfort and convenience available with Invisalign, objection number three can be answered. With Invisalign, caring for teeth and gums throughout treatment is no different than what we should be doing daily, so the only time needed is the initial appointment where pictures, x-rays, and impressions are taken so the Invisalign technicians can design and fabricate the series of aligners to straighten teeth. And aren’t periodic visits to the orthodontist worth a few minutes of your time for a gorgeous smile?
Most insurance companies recognize the value of Invisalign orthodontics and for patients that do not have dental insurance, many dental providers offer payment plans to accommodate their patients’ needs.
At Bunn Orthodontic group, we believe that straight, healthy teeth and a lifetime of beautiful smiles are worth it!